Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Adventures of "Mom"

I just named my page and then paused to think "adventures", do I really have adventures? Well I guess I do. Although I would have to admit most of my adventures come via my five girls. A home with five girls is never without an adventure or at least an estrogen surge.

My life is varied. In addition to motherhood, I am an educator, a trainer, a recruiter, a child advocate, and an artistic soul. I love to create both figuratively and literally. I also love to be busy. Something I sometimes complain about, my busy life, but certainly one that was created by my own hands. First, the simple fact I have five children. How many people have five children these days? And when you have five children you by nature, invite chaos. But chaos has always been a part of my adult life and must be something I enjoy.

I love to see my girls pursue their interests and dreams. This, in itself, creates an even busier life. Our entire family regularly visits the library. As well, nearly every day of the week at least one of the children has a dance class, or new to the line up a martial arts class. Unfortunately, these are not activities that are within a mile or two of our house so we spend a decent amount of time traveling to and fro to our activities. We try to be as green as possible, driving the smallest vehicle when the crowd is small and driving the mammoth beast only when the crowd size necessitates. Fact in six to seven people and the "stuff" neccessary for the activity and you'll understand why we don't ride our bikes. (However, my husband does commute to work via a bicycle except when preciptation is present).

I'll be back soon to add more words but for now I'm just getting started.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, I see my first typo. Toward the bottom, it should be factor in - yeah, not fact in. I guess that's why you should proofread before you hit submit. I'm new, what can I say?

    ReplyDelete